When to contact a specialist
The following symptoms may be a reason to visit a urologist:
- painful urination;
- frequent urination
- difficulty urinating;
- urinary incontinence;
- bloody, mucous, purulent discharge from the urethra;
- burning, itching of the external genitalia, rashes on them;
- redness, swelling of the scrotum;
- change in the smell and color of urine;
- pain in the perineum, scrotum, lower back;
- penile curvature;
- penile injury.
Even if only one of the listed symptoms bothers you, you should make an appointment with a urologist and undergo an examination. Many diseases of the genitourinary system without treatment can cause serious complications.